We gladly welcome people with reduced mobility at our hostel and we try to offer the best possible stay we can offer due to the infrastructural environment. Hostel Hütteldorf is characterized by its division into a main and an adjoining building. Due to an elevator the whole main building, from the basement to the 6th floor, is reachable barrier-free. However our showers are not completely barrier-free accessible.
Rooms and public areas
Our hostel has the following public areas on ground floor level, which are all handicapped accessible.
Reception, lobby, public toilets, restaurant, lounge, garden with terrace
Our guest rooms within the main building can be found on ground level and from the first to the sixth floor and are all handicapped accessible.
- All our public areas are equipped with tiled floor.
- Our reception is situated on the ground floor, is handicapped accessible and 24/7 available.
- Light switches are all attached at a height of one meter. Therefore all our light switches are reachable from a wheelchair.
- Parts of our bathrooms are accessible over a small threshold. Partly our rooms are en-suite. However our showers do not offer a completely barrier-free access.
- By request we can offer a nonslip underlay and seat options for our showers.
- Our restaurant is handicapped accessible and is equipped with tiled floor.
- Please ask our staff of our restaurant for the best place for wheelchairs.
- Our public areas – lounge and lobby – are both handicapped accessible.
- Our big garden with terrace is directly from the ground floor barrier-free accessible.
- Shared bathrooms and toilets are barrier-free accessible. Unfortunately our showers do not offer a barrier-free access.
Location and arrival
As a sustainable hostel we are happy if you leave your car at home and travel with public transports. Our hostel is from nearly all parts of Vienna handicapped accessible and the bus station Seuttergasse is situated directly in front of the hostel. With the bus 53A and the U4 you can reach our hostel from many parts of Vienna. An individual arrival with your car is also no problem for us. Due to our convenient location it is easy to reach our hostel via the motorway A1. You can use our private parking space for free during your stay.
- You can reach us barrier-free with public means of transport from all important transport hubs within Vienna. A barrier-free arrival is from the airport Vienna as easy as from the main train station and the train station Meidling. If you need a taxi we can also organize that for you.
- All metro stations and 95% of all bus and tram station in Vienna are handicapped accessible. Therefore a sightseeing tour without your private car is easily doable.
- If you prefer to arrive by your own car you can leave your car at our parking space for free. Up to your arrival you can park your car within the loading zone in front of the entrance.
Within future investments, based on our economical opportunities, further improvements into our barrier-free offer are planed.
Prior your booking we would be happy if you get in touch with our staff to arrange you the best possible stay at our hostel.